When I first sought out information on how to make candles I was blown away with the amount of options there is!
Soy wax, paraffin wax, beeswax, blended waxes... there is way more out there than you can imagine. Then you get into types of wicks, sizes of wicks, and how to know which ones to use. Types of fragrances.. choosing your vessels.. lids.. labels.. warning labels.. dye or no dye.. There are so many choices to be made!
But today, I will just be focusing on why I ended up choosing 100% Soy Wax.
Type of wax is one of the very first things I decided on in my candle making journey. I had done a ton of research before making my final choice. Here are my top reasons for choosing to make my products with 100% Soy Wax...
- It is a 100% 𝙽𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚊𝚕 wax. Unlike paraffin, which can emit harmful toxins.
- 𝙲𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚗 burning. No petrol-soot = no harmful black smoke.
- 𝚂𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎 - derived from a renewable resource, soy beans.
- The beans used for soy wax are harvested by 𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚖𝚎𝚛𝚜 right here in the United States.
- Has a 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 burn times than competing waxes.
- Burns fragrance 𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢, without blended chemicals to release the scent.
Leave a comment