Buy 2 or more kits and receive FREE shipping
As most of you might already know, Elderberry Syrup is a very common remedy come cold and flu season. Taken as a preventative and during times of sickness, Elderberry is for sure and excellent addition to your medicine cabinet. Research shows that Elderberry can reduce duration of cold/flu symptoms, helps support respiratory symptoms during illness and is an effective treatment to fight against the flu.
With my recipe, I have added not only elderberry.. but a few other beneficial herbs that will help support the body all year long.
This recipe is safe for adults and children (6 + months)
Yields about 3 cups (24 oz) of syrup.
Organic Elderberries, Organic Ginger root, Organic Astragalus root, Organic Rose Hips, Organic Cinnamon Sticks, Organic Cloves
Elderberries: The main ingredient. Has an excellent flavor and has been used for centuries to help support the body against illness. Contains many vitamins & minerals, is an anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and diaphoretic (supports fever).
Astragalus: Mild adaptogenic herb that supports the body during time of stress, specifically the immune system.
Rose Hips: The fruit of a rose in which provides one of the most concentrated sources of Vitamin C available - known to have more vitamin C than citrus fruits.
Cloves: stimulant, antibacterial and fever support
Cinnamon Sticks: Antivital, antibacterial. Works as a catalyst herb in this recipe.
Ginger: A loooong list of amazing properties - antiviral, antibacterial, circulatory stimulator, fever support, pain relief and digestive support.
Directions to Make:
- Add all contents of package into a medium pot of 4 cups filtered water. *Note: water quality is important! If you are on city/town water, this contains chlorine among other chemicals. I highly recommend filtering water or purchasing filtered water especially for this recipe*
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for about 30 minutes, or until liquid is reduced by about half.
- Remove from heat. Strain the berries and herbs with a fine mesh strainer into a glass bowl or large glass measuring cup. You should have about 2 cups of liquid.
- Let liquid cool slightly, then stir in 1 cup of honey - preferably local raw honey for the added health benefits.
- Pour your syrup (which is more of a juice/liquid consistency) into a glass bottle or jar with an airtight seal. Date, label and store in the fridge for up to 2 months.
*The "syrup" will not be your typical syrup consistency. This is due to not having any thickening agents unlike the store bought ones - which is a good thing! I prefer the more juice-like consistency and knowing that my medicine is free from unnecessary ingredients.
Children under 2: 1/2 tsp daily
Children over 2: 1 tsp daily
Adults: 1 tbsp dialy
Dose can be taken every 2 hours for a 12 hour period during onset of illness.
**This recipe is safe for adults and children (6 months +). Although if you are giving to children under 1, omit the honey. You can omit a sweetener all together or add an alternative such as glycerine or maple syrup.**
Aids in Cold + Flu treatment - safety/efficacy
Upper respiratory symptom treatment
* The products & statements made about items on my website have not been evaluated by the United States Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. All of the information provided on my website, product labels, blog posts, or any information provided is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem. Always consult with your healthcare professional before starting any new products that may interfere with existing health concerns or medications. Any reviews or others testimonies of any product on my website or social media is based on their personal results and does not constitute a guarantee that you will achieve the same results.
*If you are pregnant or nursing always contact your healthcare provider prior to starting any new products/supplements.